Student Grievance Cell
The Student's Grievance Cell provides mechanism to students for redress of their grievances with regard to their complaints on academic and non-academic matters, grievances related to assessment, victimization, attendance, charging of fees, conducting of examinations, harassment by colleague students or teachers etc. It desires to promote and maintain a conducive and unprejudiced educational environment.
Students are requested to note that making a complaint is serious and therefore they are to use this power in a responsible manner. At the same time, the university assures students that once a complaint is made, it will be treated with sensitivity and confidentiality.
Objectives of Students' Grievance Cell
- To support, those students who have been deprived of the services offered by the college, for which he / she is entitled.
- Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
- To develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all students, there by maintaining a harmonious atmosphere in the campus
- To make officials of the college responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
- To ensure effective solution to the students' grievances with an impartial and fair approach.
- To uphold the dignity of the university by developing a cordial student-teacher relationship.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The functions of the Committee are as follows:
- To redress Students' Grievances to solve their academic and administrative problems.
- To co-ordinate between students and Departments / Sections to redress the grievances.
- The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of the grievances from the students.
- The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the University policy
- The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities of the University.
Student Grievance Procedure
The students are ought to lodge their grievances through e-mail. The Student Coordinator in turn intimates the matter to the Cell for necessary action. Final report based on grievance received and resolved will be submitted to the Vice Chancellor/Registrar and further course of action will be decided and the same shall be intimated to the students.
GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL CELL MEMBERS
|1||Dr. Gita Pyal (Student Coordinator)||Associate Professor|
|2||Dr. Balensha Dora Nongrum||Assistant Professor|
|3||Dr. Angeleen Lyngdoh||Assistant Professor|
|4||Dr. Fabreena Grace Lyndem||Assistant Professor|
|5||Ms. Sonung Vashum||Assistant Professor|
|6||Ms. Yaoreila Angkang||Assistant Professor|
|7||Ms. Marbiangdor Mawlong||Assistant Professor|
|8||Mr. Mankhraw Kharshillot||Assistant Professor|
|9||Ms. Idahunhaemonmitre Thubru||Assistant Professor|
|10||Mr. PF John Bosco||Assistant Professor|
|11||Mr. Nimesh Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|12||Mr. Rutherford Thabah||Librarian|