International Seminar on Community 2019
North East India Council for Social Science Research in collaboration with Shillong Law College, organised Three days International seminar on Community & Cultural Multiplicity in North East India & South Asia: Ethnography, History & Society on the 20-22 May. In relation, the faculties from the department of Sociology, Education and Environmental Management along with their Research Scholars presented their papers. Following are the Professors and the Research Scholars who presented.
Department of Sociology
- Dr. Gita Pyal-The Socio-Economic and Cultural transformation among the Nyishi tribe of Arunachal Pradesh.
- JoramTedh- Role of Patriarchy among the Nyishi tribe in the 16thYachuli Constituency, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Andrew Zimik- Social issues in development of Manipiur with special reference to Ukhrul district.
- Job RothanglianaKaulki- The political culture of the Mizo community in Mizoram.
Department of Environmental Management
- Dr.Maitreyee Roy- Impact of limestone Mining on the Environment at Phlangkarun, Nongtrai, Meghalaya.
- HeiporUni Bang- Important medicinal plants of East Jaintia Hills district and their significance.
Department of Education
- Dr.BalenshaNongrum- Issues and problems of traffic jam in Shillong.